TRAKS member Rizal Hon knows how to ride… and how to build trails!
We are calling all the Enduro riders racing the Enduro to join us:
- Date: Sunday, 15 Sep. 2013
- Meeting Place: the bike-wash/ car park in Taman Lembah Kiara, TTDI
- Time: 08:00am (briefing, trail maintenance will commence 15 minutes later)
- Duration: 4 hours (or until complete exhaustion)
In preparation for the upcoming Enduro Asia MTB that TRAKS is supporting on Sep. 21/22, and following the amazing job done on Sept. 1st, we will be conducting a rectification work on the trails known as Twin Peaks, TnT, Dirty Deeds, Lower Short, Shaolin, Shriner’s, Around The Mountain, Flintstone’s Playground, Lower Carnival, Lung Buster, Coronary Bypass, 4K, 2K, Apollo, well… all the Special Stages of the Enduro Race featured below in red.
The focus shall be:
- Clearing the dead-falls on the timed sections, especially 2K
- Trimming down every dangerous bits that we encounter along the timed sections
- Widening the bamboo fall on top of Around The Mountain
- Clearing the top of Section 5 (see below)
What to bring? Your able bodies, changkuls, chainsaw, parang, water and supplements to stave off hunger/ dehydration.
This effort is critical and will require support from a lot of riders.
Our apologies for such a late call, but hopefully we will still get hordes of you to join us. And you’ll be able to walk the tracks and get familiar with the timed sections before the Enduro… !
Note to the latter; this isn’t easy and for those of you whom have done trail maintenance, it’s a fabulous workout!